Tuesday 16 October 2012

Microsoft Office - How to copy Auto-Complete List to another computer


When I start writing something in To field (or CC or BCC) in Microsoft Outlook - software is providing me with list of suggested names/emails that have that combination of letters.  This list of names/emails is stored in Auto-Complete List.  It is very cool, my problem though was that I have 4 different computers that are accessing the same email account through the Outlook Anywhere.  Originally there was only one computer and it had huge Auto-Complete List.  Other computers had nothing.  I was trying to find how to synchronize this list for all computers - but couldn't find way to do it.  So far, I was able only to copy it from one computer to the another.
In my case I am copying it from Microsoft Outlook 2003 on Windows XP to Microsoft Outlook 2010 on Windows 7.
Copy the following file
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Settings\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.nk2
 to
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.nk2
then execute the following command
outlook.exe /importnk2 


If it doesn't work, you may have to rename outlook.nk2 file to something like your username (or email).


No comments:

Post a Comment