Monday 11 March 2013

MSSQL - How to fix error The text that you have selected cannot be represented graphically using the Query Designer.

The text that you have selected cannot be represented graphically using the Query Designer.

Watch this example online:



In my case I had query that was using Row_Number function:

SELECT    ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY SizeName ASC) AS RowNumber,  SizeMaster.*
FROM         SizeMaster

To get rid of that message I had to remove the following part of the query
ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY SizeName ASC) AS RowNumber,
- then I could go to the designer, do my changes, go back and add
ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY SizeName ASC) AS RowNumber,
to the new query, for instance
SELECT  ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY SizeName ASC) AS RowNumber,    SizeName, SizeDescription
FROM         SizeMaster

No comments:

Post a Comment